Crack Filling Compound
PRODUCT CODE : CFC
- CFC is a cement based polymer modified powder material for filling cracks in plastered surface. It is composed of white cement, select aggregates, imported polymer & additives which requires on site addition of water only. It is ideal to fill 3 to 5 mm wider static cracks.
- It has strong adhesion, is non-shrink in nature, good water resistance properties & weathering durability.
- Cracks filled with CFC enhance the subsequent paintings quality and life.
- Repairing of cracks in internal and external plaster.
- To give a thin render coat to the even out surface.
- To fill static cracks of 3 to 5 mm.
- To level un-dulation on un plastered or plastered ceilings and walls prior to painting.
- To provide smooth finish to brick, stone, and wood works.
- As an excellent sculpting material.
METHOD OF USE :
In normal conditions CFC does not require a primer. However in critical areas SBR 122 can be used as a coating primer depending on the severity of surface and application.
2. MIXING :
- Mixing ratio of CFC to water varies with respect to area of application.
- For surface leveling - the ratio is 2 parts of powder to 1 part of water which will yield to smooth buttery consistency.
- For filling deep holes and cracks - reduce the water quantity to get a thicker pasty consistency.
- For filling wood grain - add sufficient water to get buttery consistency that can be applied by brush.
- In a shallow pan or bucket made of metal / plastic a portion of mixing water to be added. Start addition of crack filler powder gradually under continuous mixing till a homogeneous lump free mix is obtained after addition of balance quantity of water.
- For smaller mixes wooden or metal spatula can be used and mixed manually. For larger mixes Hobart or PAN mixer is suggested. Hand drill mixer with paddle stirrer can also be used at 250 – 300 rpm. The total mixing time shall not be more than 5 minutes.
- The final mixed product would be of dough consistency paste. In case further soft consistency is required, measured quantity of water can be used.
3. APPLICATIONS :
- For crack filling – Fill the mixed paste into the crack by spatula or putty knife blade. Fill excess material and tool it by putty knife blade pressing against crack so that air voids get filled. By wet finger tool the surface of material in to a concave nature by pressing against joint edges.
- For Surface leveling – The mixed smooth paste should be applied by painter blade on the dampened wall or ceiling. The material should be applied at the desired thickness in bottom- to -up fashion to avoid blade marks. For multiple coat applications the previous coat should be allowed to cure for minimum 6 hrs. The subsequent coat should be at the right angle to the previous coat.
- For wood grain & pipe lagging – For wood grain, apply the buttery consistency mixed material by brush.
- Before the material sets, clean the tools, equipment & hands with soap or plain water.
- Cured material can be removed by vigorous scrubbing using sand paper or scrapper.
PRECAUTIONS & LIMITATIONS :
- It does not accommodate any movements and thus it is not suitable for dynamic cracks.
- CFC is for static joint filling only.
- For outside use, CFC must be coated over with exterior paint to prevent water penetration.
|Type & Nature
||Single pack powder
||Two parts powder & one part water by weight
|Application @ 25 C
||More than 20 Minutes
|Setting time @ 25 C hours
||Excellent adhesion to most building materials
Available in 1 kg
Approximately 36 running meter per kg (for a depth & width of 5mm)
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE :
24 months from the date of manufacturing. Store the material in cool & dry place.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
As with all chemical products caution should always be exercised.Protective clothing such as gloves and goggles should be worn. Treat any contact to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately. Should any of the products be accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting but call for medical assistance immediately.
This information intended only for general guidance in the application of our products. Because of the large number of possible methods of application and processing, we are unable to accept responsibility in anyone particular case or application.
All product information's & application details given by Riya Chemy & its agents has been provided in good faith & meant to serve only as a general guideline during usage. Users are advised to carryout tests & take trials to ensure on the suitability of products meeting their requirement prior to full scale usage of our products. Since the correct identification of the problems, quality of other materials used and the on-site workmanship are factors beyond our control, there are no expressed or implied guarantee / warranty as to the results obtained.
Riya Chemy does not assume any liability or consequential damage for unsatisfactory results.